From IMDb: “After breaking up with her longtime boyfriend, a woman tries to reconnect with the friends she lost during the relationship.”
What I liked:
- What an extremely funny and smart commentary on modern day relationships, feminism, friendship and sex.
- Each character is delightfully comedic, and situations are wonderfully setup and paid off.
- Smartly nuanced, with each of the 10 episodes being a wholly satisfying experience; Especially episode 9, which is a fantastic take on the Wizard of Oz.
- Kat Dennings is an all-time top-5 celebrity crush for me, but if she wasn’t in it I’d still love the hell out of this show.
- Shout-out to my friend Katy G, who made a brief appearance in the first episode (which I didn’t know before watching).
What I didn’t like:
- There was nothing in this show that I did not enjoy.
Overall: I wish all comedies were as intelligent, engaging, funny and quick-witted as this one. I’ll happily watch season 2.
Jose Zuazua is editor-in-chief of Quick Lunch Break Reviews. He has an associates degree in film production and has been published both online and in print for Los Angeles City College’s award-winning Collegian newspaper. He is also a news writer at DCComicsNews. Jose is on Twitter and Instagram, and is also currently writing his first short novel.