From IMDB: “Target in-hand, the Mandalorian must now contend with scavengers”
What I liked:
- Hey, some returning species from the original Star Wars trilogy!
- In an age of forgettable music scores, Ludwig Göransson‘s score is pretty memorable. You’ll be able to hum it after a while. Listen to the soundtrack here.
- The camera work is even stronger this episode, and there are some shots that look like they’re right from a higher budgeted movie. It also looks like they shoot it on film (it makes a difference, trust me), but I can’t tell nor can I find the answer. Maybe they use both.
- Another well-paced episode.
- There’s an homage to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in this episode. BTW, Last Crusade is THE BEST Indiana Jones movie. It’s fantastic that they never made another Indiana Jones movie after that one.
- As much as I disliked the color pallet in the first episode, I still enjoy the main character’s costume. It’s got this reflective, almost chrome shine to it, but it also has a rust color on it. I think it looks really sharp.
What I didn’t like:
- Nothing much actually “happens” in this episode, except for one minor thing that will probably be more important later on. But it was still entertaining, especially the first act.
- [SPOILER (highlight the text to read it)] DID THEY REALLY GIVE THE YODA-BABY THE SAME BABY COO THAT EVERY TOY BABY DOLL FROM THE 99 CENT STORE TO TARGET HAS? AND THERE’S A BURP JOKE? WHAT’S NEXT: AN EFFING “POOPY DIAPER” JOKE?! WTF?! MAJOR EYE ROLL.
Overall: Another solid episode that barely nudges the overall story along. It’s too bad they got lazy during the moment I mentioned in the spoiler.