From IMDB: “Inspired by the viral New York Magazine article, Hustlers follows a crew of savvy former strip club employees who band together to turn the tables on their Wall Street clients.”
What I Liked:
- A modern day crime-consumption-consequences flick, similar to Goodfellas or Blow. I feel like it’s been a while since we’ve seen a movie within those confines as high profile as this.
- The movie’s time frame spans from the early 2000s through 2014, so we get a great soundtrack to wiggle to.
- Offers an interesting perspective on family dynamics.
- Constance Wu’s crying is THE GREATEST ON-SCREEN CRYING I’VE EVER SEEN. Give her an award just for the crying please.
- Hey, it’s Cardi B! Hey, it’s Lizzo!
- There are some audio choices/effects that I ABSOLUTELY LOVED. Not only did they add to the scenes they were in but it shows the director was willing to take some creative risks.
- It’s crazy that JLo is FIFTY.
What I Didn’t Like:
- It runs under 2 hours, but feels longer, as it has a slower pace.
Overall: A pretty good movie, with strong performances and a good soundtrack.