This movie was directed by Jon Watts, who has directed the last two Spider-Man movies. This one tells the story of two boys that find a cop’s car hidden from the main road, and what happens when they innocently drive off with it.
What I liked:
- The two child leads carry the whole movie with strong performances under a sheen of innocence.
- There are only a few actors in this movie, Kevin Bacon being one of them. The small group of actors really allows us to connect with them.
- The storytelling is TIGHT. This movie is a crime, suspense, thriller type, and the script, story, performances and camerawork slam dunk the intensity.
- The movie takes place in a fictional town, but was shot in a very quiet part of Colorado. Atmosphere is important, especially when it is a quiet one like this one needed to be to tell this story correctly.
What I didn’t like:
- I can’t find anything with this movie that I didn’t enjoy.
Overall: Intriguing, potent & heartfelt. A well-made thriller.