What I liked:
- How much my Daughter enjoyed it (more on that later).
- Mothra! She looked badass, as did the other monsters.
- Incorporating the original Godzilla theme into the movie’s score.
- Speaking of music, there’s a great cover of Blue Oyster Cult’s 1977 Godzilla song during the end credits.
- The movie has some cool camera shots to go along with the cool giant monster fights.
- Hey, Rodan is Mexico’s monster! Yay!
- The movie is part of another “Cinematic Universe”, building from the incredible Kong: Skull Island (check out our review of that movie here).
- 2/3rd’s into the movie, my Daughter was enjoying the movie (and Godzilla himself) so much that she leaned over, gave me a kiss on the cheek and hugged me. As her Dad, I always try to provide her with love, guidance, compassion, food and really awesome entertainment. Her show of gratitude made me so happy, that I won’t even post the things I didn’t like with the movie. Let’s finish positive.
- It was pretty dang entertaining.