What I Liked:
- Intense & unrelenting suspense except when giving us small moments to understand our characters.
- There’s character growth without a bunch of explanatory dialog.
- Since there’s very little dialog (and it practically a silent movie), most of the movie is visually told.
- That corn silo scene though.
- I wish the ALIEN franchise were as intense as this movie, instead of the mess that it has become.
- Clever monster design: Pumpkinhead plus the Xenomorph plus the Demogorgon.
What I Disliked: [SPOILERS] (if you want to read them, highlight the invisible text)
- The parents make a decision that puts their family in absolute danger.
- For such a serious movie, the last shot is pretty cheesy.
I liked it.