What I Liked:
- Certain moments in the movie, like the Zemeckis Cube, as well as other moments featuring characters and movie items that touched all my nostalgia bones.
- The action scenes were a lot of fun.
What I Disliked:
- Read the book years ago, and only mildly enjoyed it. I didn’t really care for overall story and I just didn’t connect with the main character in any way.
- People like the nostalgia factor of both the book and the movie, but they don’t contribute to the story’s progression.
- This movie is rated PG-13, but there were so many “shits” uttered, an actual “fuck” and even a scene where one character gets virtually groped. This movie would have been an “R” in the 80’s.
- The villain’s motivation isn’t menacing enough in my opinion. Corporations like making money AND they provide jobs. The corporation in this movie employs like THOUSANDS of people.
- The message of living in reality is too heavy handed.
- Typical Spielberg; the movie has like 5 endings.
I disliked it.