What I Liked:
- A female person of color in the lead role, along with her interracial family.
- A female person of color in the director’s chair.
What I Disliked:
- The beginning of the movie moves too quick, not allowing us to truly visually understand what is happening and why.
- Characters (and the audience) are told what is going on through “on the nose” dialog. Meaning everything that has happened has to be explained through characters explaining things, instead of us experiencing them.
- Scenes don’t feel very connected and get rushed through.
- The character of the little brother is just weird. He understands everything that’s going on, while I was left scratching my head.
- The movie slows to a grind after the first third.
I disliked it.