Trying a new format for our 1st year anniversary! Let us know what you think.
Now, without further adieu…
What I liked:
- Dialogue/banter between characters was fun and very natural.
- Introduction of different tribes and characters within tribes especially M’Baku and his Jabari tribe.
- Villain is layered and has legitimate reasons for his anger, giving the audience actual empathy and even earning our support.
- Brings smart points about sharing knowledge vs not sharing.
- Cultural impact and legacy of positive minority characters on the big screen, like Wonder Woman had on females.
What I didn’t like:
- Pacing was a bit off at beginning.
- Quick editing and camera cuts did not allow me to truly see fights and action sequences.
- Would’ve been nice to see beautiful African landscapes.