The coordination of this scene is IMPECCABLE, and is a masterclass in editing:
– Sarah ducking at the last moment.
– The slow motion dancing (and MAN I LOVE that song).
– The slow motion meeting of eyes with Kyle Reese.
– ALL THE SLOW MOTION.
– The dance music fading into terror as the T-800 sees it’s target.
– We go from people having fun to people fearing for their lives in a matter of seconds.
– The scene DRIPS with suspense as we know Arnold is there to kill her and doesn’t care that she’s in a crowded nightclub. It’s James Cameron channeling Alfred Hitchcock.
Jose Zuazua is editor-in-chief of Quick Lunch Break Reviews. He has an associates degree in film production. He’s on twitter (twitter.com/josezuazua) and instagram (instagram.com/josezuazua).