– Whoa. And I mean “WHOA”. While the first one lacked an actual quality screenplay, it was still stupidly entertaining. This one ditches the stupid and really brings it, by upping the action, the sets and THANKFULLY giving a legitimate good script.
– Keanu’s work always gets my attention. If he’s in something (even if it’s a small role), I’m down to watch.
Some recommendations: “The Gift” (the year 2000 one), in which he plays a Bible-thumping Racist and “Thumbsucker” where he plays a new-age spacey dentist.
– The cinematography on this movie is AWESOME. The director and director of photography really knew how to setup/compose shots to artistically and visually tell their story. You can watch the whole movie with the sound muted and completely understand all that’s going on. That quality is sadly disappearing from movies.
– The score was really enjoyable, with some striking music cues.
– I LOVE muscle cars and it’s sad to see what happens to one of them. Poor baby. Sad face.
– I enjoyed THE HELL out of this movie, even though it does slow down in one particular part.
– Final Grade: A.
Jose Zuazua is editor-in-chief of Quick Lunch Break Reviews. He has an associates degree in film production. He’s on twitter (twitter.com/josezuazua) and instagram (instagram.com/josezuazua).