– Goes from “just ok” to “OH MAN THIS IS KICKING ASS”.
– A more “adult” (and enjoyable) Star Wars flick than “The Force Awakens”, which I felt pandered to nostalgia instead of trying to tell a good story whereas this new one…
– Used nostalgia to EXPAND (key word) the film’s story and embed it into the overall Star Wars universe.
– Very impressive battle scenes, including stuff I’d never seen before in previous Star Wars entries.
– Characters that are fresh and well thought-out that you can actually get behind.
– K-2SO FOREVER: my favorite newly-introduced Star Wars character since Boba Fett.
– Some above-average dialog except for some HORRID and cliched lines. Seriously, modern screenwriters: can you just make 100% of your dialog original and clever? Stop cheating by using the same phrases again and again. There are many, MANY words in the English language.
– Good score that really pops during the battle scenes mentioned above.
– MUTHER EFFIN DARTH VADER, babies! (air-guitar riff)
– Final Letter Grade: B+
Jose Zuazua is editor-in-chief of Quick Lunch Break Reviews. He has an associates degree in film production. He’s on twitter (twitter.com/josezuazua) and instagram (instagram.com/josezuazua).